Philipp Marenzi – „keep your eyes open, the subject is around"
- Born in Vienna 1967, Philipp Marenzi´s fascination with photography stems from his childhood days. Children´s books were left untouched, as Philipp preferred thumbing through the black and white pictures of his grandparent´s photo album. Having invested his first savings in photography equipment, Philipp´s passion soon became the enlarging of black and white prints in his own provisional darkroom.
- Parallel to photography, Philipp graduated from law school and pursued a successful career in real estate. It was during his sabbatical in New York around the millennium that Philipp recollects something to have finally "clicked". Equipped with the Leica M6 of a dear friend he started to capture the magnificent motives of the city that inspired him. This experience has been preserved and incorporated into Philipp´s present day work: His first Leica M6, a wedding present of his beloved wife, still accompanies his photo tours and he annually returns to New York with said Leica, always in search of the next motive.
- Striving to capture fleeting moments of intimacy and human experience, Marenzi´s work exhibits fascinating and expressive shots. The artist has an excellent eye for special moments within everyday life, a talent which crystallizes in the spontaneity and energy of his photographs.
- Having previously sold his artwork solely by word-of-mouth recommendation, a growing interest in his work in the USA inspired the artist to share his passion with a more extensive crowd in our gallery.
- Philipp Marenzi mainly uses analog cameras; His artworks are produced as limited editions of 50 each, independent of size and reproduction technology.
„Keep your eyes open, the subject is around" (Philipp Marenzi)
For decades we have been selling contemporary art to a broad spectrum of international art lovers; we use a network of wold-wide contacts. Do you want to purchase pieces of art of Philipp Marenzi?